Monday, November 9, 2009

Where the Antelope Play (part 1)

We took a trip to Antelope Island on Friday after school (yay for Jace's 4-day weeks). Antelope Island is one of our favorite spots and the day was so nice and warm.



We immediately saw several bachelor buffalo roaming on the north part of the island.


After this big guy got finished with his buffalo dust bath, we went up to inspect his "tub."



We saw lots of hoof prints, horn gouges and tufts of hair.

In about an hour, we saw at least 15 big bulls, wandering in groups of 2 or 3.

Stay tuned to see what else we discovered...

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Antelope Island. I definately didn't know they had Buffalo!

    And 4 day weeks?!?!? Suh-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would like to go to Antelope Island. they just had the bison round up last week.

    ReplyDelete

Followers