Sarah and I around noon(ish) in Nevada(ish) territory. Sarah is a little ham for the camera, as you will see in other pictures...
Sarah and I in our hotel courtyard. This is just one of the many pictures we took here. There were at least four-hundred... :-)
Our regular pizza place that we go to every year was packed with people, so we found The Jazz Kitchen Express. I ordered a bowl of sausage gumbo, Mom and Dad got po-boys, (Dad's shrimp, Mom's fried chicken), Will got some popcorn shrimp, and Sarah got some of those mini-corndogs. Then we all ate "man-pinchin' " beignets (I'll tell you later. By the way, it's pronounced ben-yays) at the end.
Here we are making our annual Disneyland wishes.
Here's Will doing.....something.Notice that ghostly orb of light in the mirror! Just kidding! It's just the flash on my (well, Mom's) camera.
Here is Sarah with her new autograph book.Speaking of Sarah, I would like to tell you how Disney's The Princess and The Frog movie has changed our family's life forever. (If you haven't seen that movie before, the following won't make any sense whatsoever.)
1. Sarah's new favorite game is "The Continuing Adventures of Tiana and Prince Naveen" or something like that. She is always Tiana and I am everyone else. (When I say everyone, I really mean everyone. Charlotte, Naveen, Tiana's mom, Ray, Louis, everyone. Tiana is the only person that she wants to be.) She'll want to play it anywhere, anytime, doing anything. Example: While walking in the store she'll whisper, "Hey, Charlotte!" When I don't respond, she'll say it louder and louder until I have no choice but to say either, "(*Sigh*) Yes, Tiana?" or "Charlotte? Who's Charlotte? Sarah, I don't want to play right now." to which Mom responds "Abby, just play with her!" So either way, Sarah wins.
2. When we ate dinner ate the New Orleans restaurant in Downtown Disney, Sarah looked at the beignets and said, "Mom! Are those the man-fishing beignets?" Later, after dinner, she announced, "I love those man-pinching beignets!"
3. After dinner on our second night dinner (gumbo in bread-bowls), we were just finishing cleaning up and about to go on Pirates of the Caribbean when Sarah pulled up her imaginary corset and yelled, "Well, back into the fray!" Later, she said it again, only this time it was, "Well, back into the parade!"
What a great writer you are Abby! I can't wait to read the rest of the adventure.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Sara is quite the ham and I love that she is "into" Tiana. Did you guys meet her at D-land? Sounds like you ate a lot of Tiana-approved food!
ReplyDelete