Sunday, March 13, 2011

Abby Recap

It sure was a nice birthday for Abigail to mark her special 12th birthday. She started the day by taking in treats for her class, and getting birthday cards from her peers.

That night, she had her made-to-order birthday dinner of hamburger noodle casserole, black olives and rolls with jelly. Our dessert was a very small red velvet cake -- I made two 9-inch rounds and dropped one of them all over the counter and floor while assembling. The single layer cake was good, but small.

Friday night, Abby and three of her best friends went to the Off Broadway Theater for hilarious live theater. The show was "The Phantom of the OBT" and it was even funnier than last year's show of "The Wizard of Aaaaahs." I recommend the shows there to everyone!

On Sunday we celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa Maughan and the rest of the family with ice cream and cake (not-dropped black-bottom wowie cake).

She went to the first YW activity last Wednesday and went to the YW meeting today. She declared it boring. Of course, Primary is the most fun of church, whether you're a kid or an adult, but I am a little biased.

Abby's going to post about her gifts, but I wanted to thank everyone for their contributions to her book. It ended up at 20 pages and is absolutely wonderful to read. Thanks again!

Whew! No more until May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers