Monday, August 10, 2009

They Call the Thing "Rodeo..."


"Well, it's bulls and blood, It's dust and mud.
It's the roar of a Sunday crowd.
It's the white in his knuckles,
The gold in the buckle, he'll win the next go 'round.
It's boots and chaps, it's cowboy hats,
It's spurs and latigo.
It's the ropes and the reins, and the joy and the pain...
And they call the thing rodeo."

Go ahead and hum a little Garth Brooks while I tell you the story of our Friday night visit to the Cache County Rodeo! We love that rodeo.

Everyone had a great time. We went with Grandpa Maughan and Jen's family while Grandma, Kandice and the twins stayed home. Sarah loved the part "where the cowboys rode on the horses and they bounced up and down," also known as the saddle broncs. She also liked the rodeo queens and couldn't quite understand that Grandma Kinsel used to be one. Abigail dug the barrel races a lot, and liked the saddle broncs as well. Will liked to watch the bull riders, but thought he'd rather do the calf roping or the steer wrestling.

Jaceson and I liked it all until Sarah barfed all over me and we had to take her home early.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh- nothing like a rodeo- bouncing cowboys, rodeo queens (I have a hard time believing it, too, Abby. That and FFA sweetheart...) and barf. Sounds like a great Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about the barfing! Sounds like good times. And to think I have reached the ripe old age of 31 and have not attended a rodeo or barfed at one. Sarah is way ahead of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the barf. Cyndi! How have you not attended a Rodeo? they are wonderful! Like the best ever!

    ReplyDelete

Followers