Friday, March 5, 2010

There's No Buisness Like Show Buisness!

Some may say that my world revolves around theatrical arts. I might just (maybe) agree with them. At least for the late winter and all of spring. Here are all (or most of them, at least) of the things that have to do with acting or singing that are happening during the previously said time period:

  • The Up With Kids play that I do every year is coming up. This year's play is titled "The Wonderful Witches Of Oz." It's supposed to be a mix of "The Wizard of Oz " and "Wicked". (Aunt Kate, I looked through the script and then read a little bit about"Wicked" on Wikipedia. They are nothing alike! Practically the only thing that they have in common is the songs and the names of the characters!) I play a background witch in the school scenes. I have a few lines and I'm in a trio for the song "Loathing."
  • For my birthday party this year, I am taking a few of my friends to a parody of "The Wizard of Oz."
  • Ms. Keller does a skit for St. Patrick's day every year. I got a pretty big role.
  • The singing showcase that I do twice a year is in May. I am thinking of singing a song from "Annie Get Your Gun."
Well, as you can see, I'm pretty busy!


Here I am in last year's Up With Kids play, Enchanted.

4 comments:

  1. What? Wicked and the Wizard of Oz have a ton of similarities, you just have to see them both to realize them.

    I love the song Loathing though, it's one of the best from Wicked.

    I really wish Uncle Matt, Amelia and I could be there to see you perform. Get your parents to video it and put it on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see abby posting more (again!). Kudos for you for all your performances. I was always too freaked out to do anything like that when I was your age. You still couldn't get me to sing in front of people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was Jen writing, and then realized that our baby girl is blogging!! I just can't believe you are old enough to write so well. Although with your genes, it was inevitable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your posts Abby. I too thought it was the
    "chief editor" writing.

    Can't wait to see/hear you. Your piano solo was wonderful yesterday. (at the baptism)

    ReplyDelete

Followers