Saturday, March 13, 2010

Off Broadway Theater


I know it's annoying for someone to go to a show or movie and then rave about it and go on and on, insisting you must go too--but here I go.

For Abigail's friend birthday party, she wanted to do something different. Being the theater lover she is, we thought it might be fun for the kids to go to a play. After some research, we discovered "The Wicked Wizard of Ahhhhs" was playing at The Off Broadway Theater in SLC. With tickets in hand and five 11-year-olds, I attended the show last night.

Freaking. Hilarious. The kind of funny with tears running down my face. Our cheeks hurt from laughing for two solid hours. The theater puts on a new show every two months or so and it is well worth it. Jokes for the kids, jokes for the grownups--but family friendly. I know we'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Yay- Way to rais a kid that will go to plays with you! I know you said on Sunday that it isn't, um, Jace's favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but since he's practically perfect in every way, I'll give him this "get out of jail free" card! Good thing Abby's a theater nut and she's fun to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was worth the time and$$. Let's keep watch on that group...probably do great things.

    ReplyDelete

Followers