Sunday, May 16, 2010

Labor and Love

For Mother's Day, I wanted a flower bed makeover and Jace and the kids delivered. I didn't think to take a "before" shot, but here's the "after" results. We did battle with the ground cover, transplanted plants, heaved rocks, spread mulch and filled pots--thanks so much to my sweetheart and kids!











You can really see the rock border now that we've uncovered them and set them on top of the mulch. I got those rocks about 4 years ago but they've been long hidden by growth and natural sink. Dad, I'm putting in my solar lights you gave me for my birthday along the rock border.










A front view with my new hanging potted plant, a lovely gift from the Maughans.











I need a couple more pots for the paving stones on the far left and far right. Irises are just now starting to bloom, roses should pop out in June and the lilies will take us from July through the fall. I LOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty - a lot of hard work but it looks wonderful. Glad the weather was good, I know Jace really wanted to get that done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- looks so nice! you'll have to post another pic when the roses bloom- they are so pretty! I love the pots-on-pavers idea!

    ReplyDelete

Followers